Monday, August 9, 2010

8/7/2010 - El Dorodo, MX: Race to Guadalajara

Now that I have a taste of how far a kilometer really is, I've been eating them up like tacos de cabeza. Today I left our gracious host Rodrigo after a much needed healthy breakfast. (With actual fruit!) It was much too early to leave because we had a late night the night before, but we sucked it up and left anyway.

Quick highlights from the night before were: drinking vodka out of the bottle in the parking lot, keeping it classy I know. Also, while at a park after hours, Baby Gay and I decided that hopping on the teeter totter for a good 20 minutes was a good idea. Drunk idiots are pretty retarded, but at least we're fun. Oh and of course we danced danced danced. 

After setting out today, I now have my fasors set on Guadalajara. It's where I'm going to take a much needed break from the motorcycle, and hang out with my long time friend Sofia Lopez. So let's see, sounds easy enough. 2 days from La Cuidad de Obregon to Guadalajara.

First day was pretty rough, hungover, dehydrated, and hot is not a good combination for riding on a motorcycle in the desert. Oh well we made it as far as we could before sunset, which was a beach near El Dorodo. Seemed nice enough, sandy sand, the sound of waves, and a nice lightning storm to watch off in the distance. Things were just fine as we set up camp for the night and I try to drift off to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment