Monday, August 9, 2010

8/8/2010 - Guadalajara, MX: Hell's Beach and Death of a Dog

When I was pounding away at my iPhone yesterday trying to compile my thoughts for the day. I thought how great it was I found this awesome beach at sunset, and how camping was easy and fun. Guess what? Yep, I'm retarded. Turns out that once night time hit, the wind died down and it felt about 100 degrees in the tent, therefore sleep was too far out of reach. Even for me, and I've slept in some pretty crazy places pretty easily.  

Then the worst part, I didn't even realize until the morning: blood sucking mini mosquitos. I realized there were bugs out when I first arrived at hell's beach, so I decide to use my 100% deet bug spray that you're supposed to use like cologne. I used a ton of it and rubbed it almost everywhere I could. That said, in the morning you could guess that I was surprised to see, no exaggeration, about 50 mosquito bites. I was pissed and ready get the fuck off that miserable beach. I mean there couldn't have been 50 mosquitos in the tent. Don't those little bastards get full eventually? I must have been like fucking thanksgiving dinner to those dicks. Oh well, I'm out. At least they can't eat me when I'm riding. 

I get back on the road with an early start about 9am with a long ways to go. I think it's about 400 or so miles to Guadalajara. (AKA a long effing ride.) Not more than 40 miles on the highway, I see BJ and a few other cars almost hit this dumbass dog in the middle of the road. I continue straight trying to avoid this idiot looking Pomeranian/Fox, but with no use. It starts creeping over into my side of the lane, and right as I'm about to pass it the fucker literally jumps under my front tire. I'm probably going about 55mph when I hit it, so after I developed some pretty gnarly speed wobbles. I let off the gas, and they get worse, so I speed up and finally straighten the bike out. A little rattled I pull over expecting to pull little bits of dog from under my bike, but everything's fine but the dog, so I keep trucking along.  

It's been a long day of riding and paying for very expensive toll roads. Some of which I'm able to sneak by or offroad around, but they're adding up. I'd say I spent about 30 dollars on tolls alone yesterday. Gay.

Anyhow, I finally make it to Guadalajara at about 8pm and can't wait to get the hell off the bike and stand or sit in a normal chair. I'm super happy to see Sofia, and I'm super excited for the relaxing touristy week ahead. Adios!

2 comments:

  1. hey man, so glad to hear you made it safe man! you guys have definitely been missed out here. Glad you guys are having fun, raging it, and staying safe! Keep me updated, so far, i'm still up for meeting you guys come late December for a month and Tierra Del Fuego! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete