Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/16/2010 - Morelia, MX: Motorcycle Tetris

I was excited and nervous getting up this morning knowing that it would be the first day without a timetables, schedule, or places to be. I was happy to be back on the road heading to Morelia. I had plans meet up with our Couchsurfing host Paula Escuito. I get out the doors and say goodbye to Sofia's mom, Tere, and thank her for everything and head east. At this point it's sunny and an otherwise nice day. As you might have guessed, that changed pretty rapidly and before I could even toss on my waterproof jacket, I'm soaked. No use putting on the waterproof pants now.  Game over. Just keep riding in hopes of drying out. Well I was close a few times, but to no avail. Oh well. 

Eventually I meet up with Paula and she's nice enough to greet us, and help us store our bikes outside behind her gate. Motorcycle tetris starts, and about 15 minutes later we have both bikes behind the gates. Too bad I've got to climb over both bikes just to get inside. Looks like we're not going out tonight. Ha. 

Thankful for a sweet futon and a shower I drift off to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment